Board of Directors Minutes
Ryan’s Restaurant Lebanon, TN
January 5, 2017
President Reed called the meeting to order at 10:35 Board Member attendance:
|1||Andrew Reed President||present||8||Ted Cox South Central Region||present|
|2||Joyce Noles VicePresident||present||9||Tim Booher Upper Cumberland||present|
|3||Keith Douglas Secretary||present||10||Shannon Seaton West Grand Div||present|
|4||Rick Valentine Treasurer||present||11||Ricky Slack Middle Grand Div||absent|
|5||Andrew Hart West Region||present||12||Tommy Crowder East Grand Div||present|
|6||Wallace Elliott Upper East Region||present||13||Stan Clark Southeastern Region||present|
|7||Brad Phillips Region II||present||14||Lis Henley Middle Region||present|
Others Present: Brent Dyer (Sumner County EMS), Martha Kendall (Blue Shield)
- Motion by Brad Phillips – 2nd by Ted Cox to accept the December 2016 TASA Board Minutes as written, motion Passed.
Financial Report: Rick Valentine reported balance of $108,351.00
- Motion by Andrew Hart – 2nd by Stan Clark to accept the December 2016 TASA Board Minutes as written, motion Passed.
State EMS: No representatives General Discussion:
- new survey to be sent out for degree paramedic
- EMS personnel statewide report showing decline in licensed personnel
Reimbursement: no changes
MidWinter: finalizing agenda everything else on schedule
- Update provided by Reed on the renewed lobbyist contract
- Douglas provided update on Medicaid reimbursement project. Reminded members to encourage regions to submit their surveys
- Seaton reported problem with MCO’ denying preauthorized claims delaying processing and forcing timely filing.
- Discussion about new rule that will allow EMTB/IV to work on ALS ambulances. Rule is being reviewed by OGC
- Crowder discussed issue with UHC dual enrolled transports no longer being covered by medicare TnCare rates will now be applied.
- Brent Dyer (Deputy Chief Sumner County EMS) offered suggestion that TASA sponsor/assist in developing an online “hot topic” catalog to be used by TASA member services at no charge. Board was supportive of the idea and encouraged Dyer to bring more details back to the next meeting.
Adjourned at 12:06 pm