TASA Legislative Priorities:
- SB0236/HB0090 – TennCare Increased Reimbursement (FY2018-19) CORRECTIVE LEGISLATION FROM 2018
- SB1349/HB0527 – TennCare Increased Reimbursement (FY2019-20)
- SB0250/HB0228 – EMT/AEMT training programs at EMS services (state-wide)
- SB0029/HB0384 – Increased line of duty death benefit for EMS providers
- SB0422/HB0493 – Firefighter and EMT to carry hand gun while engaged in official duty
UPDATE: We have a group meeting set up with the Lt. Governor Randy McNally at 1:30 pm during Day on the Hill. We are working to get a meeting with Governor Bill Lee but it looks like it will be a last minute thing depending on the Governor’s schedule that day.
Note: Legislative offices have moved to the Cordell Hull Bldg located at 425 5th Ave. North (adjacent to the northeast side of the Capitol)
The Tennessee Ambulance Service Association invites and encourages you to attend EMS Day on the Hill in Nashville. The date is February 13, 2019.
For those traveling to Nashville on the 12th we will have a briefing at 4pm CST at at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, TN. (2025 Rosa Parks Blvd.)
On the morning of the 13th we will gather in room 8C on the 8th floor of the Cordell Hull Building at 7:30 am to update those that did not attend the briefing. Please wear your dress uniform if you have one or appropriate attire representative of your agency on the 13th.
You should schedule your own meetings with your State Representative and State Senator, their contact information can be found here: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/ Our Lobbyist will schedule meetings between the Legislative leadership and the TASA Board. Board member meeting assignments will be distributed the night of the 12th.
If you would like for a TASA board member to go with you to discuss legislative issues during your meeting with your representative – just ask. If you need additional information or assistance please contact Tim Booher at Timothy.Booher@air-evac.com or Keith Douglas firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday February 12th
- 4:00pm – TASA Board Meeting and Legislative Briefing (Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, TN. (2025 Rosa Parks Blvd.)
Wednesday February 13th
- 7:30am – Attendees meet for additional information/updates (Legislative Complex – room 8C on the 8th floor of the Cordell Hull Building). TASA Board Members – greet legislators at the TASA booth
- 8:00am – Attendees begin meeting with their legislators
- 1130- Group pictures at Capital steps