Board of Directors Minutes
DoubleTree Hotel Murfreesboro
(2016 Reimbursement & Compliance Conference)
September 7, 2016
President Reed called the meeting to order at 3:05 pm
Board Member attendance:
|1||Andrew Reed – President||present||8||Ted Cox** – South Central Region||present|
|2||Joyce Noles – Vice-President||present||9||Tim Booher – Upper Cumberland||absent|
|3||Keith Douglas – Secretary||present||10||Shannon Seaton – West Grand Div||present|
|4||Rick Valentine – Treasurer||present||11||Ricky Slack – Middle Grand Div||present|
|5||Andrew Hart – West Region||*present||12||Tommy Crowder – East Grand Div||present|
|6||Wallace Elliott – Upper East Region||present||13||Stan Clark – Southeastern Region||present|
|7||Brad Phillips – Region II||present||14||Lis Henley – Middle Region||conference|
*present via conference call ** new board member
Others Present: Joe Rike (UT Mobile Stroke Unit)
- Motion by Shannon Seaton – 2nd by Joyce Noles to accept the August 2016 TASA Board Minutes as written, motion Passed.
Financial Report: financial report showing current balance of $113,334.37
- Motion by Brad Phillips – 2nd by Stan Clark to accept the financial report, motion Passed.
Southeast Board Member: Lynn Thompson is no longer with Maury Regional Medical Center and the Southeast EMS Director’s Association has appointed Bedford County EMS Director Ted Cox as their new TASA representative.
- Motion by Rick Valentine – 2nd by Brad Phillips to accept Ted Cox as the Southeast Region representative, motion passed.
Guest speaker: Joe Rike spoke about the UT Mobile Stroke Unit and gave an update on it’s status and success. Rike requested that TASA support the concept of reimbursement for mobile stroke treatment – aside from ambulance fees.
- Motion by Tommy Crowder – 2nd by Ricky Slack to provide a letter of support to UT Mobile Stroke team, motion passed.
State EMS: No representatives
NAEMT: Reminder of upcoming EMS World Expo in New Orleans.
Reimbursement: Tommy Crowder reports approximately 130 attendees for the Reimbursement Conference.
Mid-Winter: Joyce Noles reports she is close to having all speakers confirmed.
Legislative: Keith Douglas provided an update on the medicaid reimbursement project – still waiting on official numbers from TnCare.
- Motion by Shannon Seaton – 2nd by Ted Cox to continue sending board members to D.C. outside the normal NAEMT EMS on the Hill Day.
- Discussion about the proposed ambulance committee’s recommendation to revise the ambulance service classifications – not ready for board review yet.
Adjourned at 3:48 pm