Board of Directors Minutes
June 2, 2016
President Reed called the meeting to order at 10:31 am
Board Members attendance:
|1||Andrew Reed||*present||8||Lynn Thompson||present|
|2||Joyce Noles||absent||9||Tim Booher||absent|
|3||Keith Douglas||present||10||Shannon Seaton||*present|
|4||Rick Valentine||present||11||Ricky Slack||*present|
|5||Andrew Hart||*present||12||Tommy Crowder||absent|
|6||Wallace Elliott||absent||13||Stan Clark||absent|
|7||Brad Phillips||*present||14||Lis Henley||*present|
*Denotes present via conference call
Others Present: Phil Sanderson (AMR)
- Motion by Andrew Hart – 2nd by Ricky Slack to accept the April 2016 TASA Board Minutes as written, motion Passed.
Financial Report: financial report showing current balance of $90,034.07
- Motion made by Lynn Thompson – 2nd by Brad Phillips to accept the financial report, motion Passed.
State EMS: No representatives.
NAEMT: Reminder of the upcoming HOSA International Conference in Nashville on June 24. EMT skills will be held at Volunteer State Community College.
Reimbursement: Tommy Crowder had forwarded the tentative agenda.
- Motion by Ricky Slack – 2nd by Andrew Hart to proceed with the giveaways for both conferences at the same level as last year.
Mid-Winter: No report
Legislative: Keith Douglas discussed information regarding the “transport assessment” fees that would enable a significant increase in Medicaid reimbursement. After reviewing the law passed by Utah, they were able to increase their Medicaid reimbursement from $142.71 to $696.00 – a net increase of $553.28.
Donna Tidwell and TASA Lobbyist Beth Winstead are both working to obtain details to help TASA get this ready before the fall.
- The first step is to educate all EMS services and other stakeholders on this issue to ensure complete support of the concept.
- The 2nd step will be to get a draft bill sent to CMS for approval before introducing to the Legislature.
- Group discussion regarding last minute attendance cancellations. It is understood that it is difficult to attend all meetings and last minute issues come up that prevent attendance. However, it was decided to begin issuing calendar invites to board members to allow a better anticipation of attendance and the need to set up conference calls.
- There was discussion about the poor volume quality of our conference calls. It was decided that Keith, Rick V. and Lynn would look into purchasing an external microphone and speakers first.
Adjourned at 11:20 am