President Reed called the meeting to order at 12:15 p.m.
Board Members present: Andrew Reed, Keith Douglas, Andrew Hart, Doug McQuary, Tommy Crowder, Joyce Noles, Ricky Slack, Wallace Elliott and John Fitzsimmons
Board Members absent: Danny Houseright, Rick Valentine, Lis Henley
Others Present: Lynn Thompson,Tim Lankford,Thomas Parker, Jonathan Wood, Will Huff, Brandon Ward, Nathan Sweet, Tim Hester, and Shannon Seaton
Motion by Ricky Slack to accept the June 5, 2014 TASA Board Minutes as written, a second by Joyce Noles, motion Passed.
Presentations and Monthly Reports:
Rick Valentine – Treasurer was not present but had emailed financial report showing current balance of $41,432.51.
Motion made by John Fitzsimmons – 2nd by Andrew Hart to accept the financial report.
Donna Tidwell – State EMS Director:
- Welcome Brandon Ward as the new Deputy Director for State EMS.
- Chip Cook is the new regional consultant for Upper Cumberland Region.
- MIH – met this morning. Sub-committees were formed:
o Needs Assessment Committee
o Community Paramedicine Guidelines Committee
- Discussion of possible date for Medical Director’s conference. Considering Friday after the September State EMS Board meeting.
- Work is progressing on moving TN EMS on the HRTS system
- It has been reported to State EMS from trauma facilities that PCR hand-off is 40% compliant. Not sure how much of this is internal issues at the facilities.
- EMT’s who choose not to upgrade to AEMT need to submit a “down-grade” form to State EMS
NAEMT – no report
Reimbursement: topics and speakers are coming together
Equipment: Doug McQuary reports that the estimate received to repair the sound system is firm at $2500 – $3000 and a full upgrade would cost $15,311.00. Motion by Ricky Slack – 2nd by Tommy Crowder to fix the sound system with an approved expense of up to $3500.00. Roll call vote was taken – unanimous approval
Legislative: No report.
Audit/Budget: No report.
Bylaws: No report.
Tommy Crowder report that the TASA Night in Nashville will be at the Tequila Cowboy on November 12, 2014 in conjunction with EMS World Expo. Vanderbilt LifeFlight is sponsoring the event.
Motion by Ricky Slack – 2nd by Keith Douglas to pay an honorarium to Nashville Fire Department Color Guard of between $300 to $500 for providing services at the opening ceremonies at EMS World Expo. Roll call vote was taken – unanimous approval
Old Business – none
- Motion by Tommy Crowder – 2nd by Wallace Elliott to accept the nomination of Stan Clark as the new Southeastern Region Representative
- Motion by Ricky Slack – 2nd by Joyce Noles for John Fitzsimmons to order the trophies for annual awards.
- Motion by John Fitzsimmons – 2nd by Andrew Hart to send 4 persons to Washington D.C. within the next few to months in order to have some one-on-one time with representatives to help push the retirement changes as well as any other federal legislation.
Meeting adjourned at 1:30 pm